Sunday 30 October 2011

Tracking the source

                    190 km                Flat Bush

         Totara Park                          a spot of minor trespassing (oops, sorry Watercare)

                Clevedon (that was a wrong turn)              Ardmore

         a prohibited defence area down an unsealed road (that was another wrong turn)

                    one waterfall                             two dope smokers   
        
       many rabbits                                  two Hunua dams          

                   and 5 hours later I've finally tracked my drinking water to its source.

It's certainly given me a new appreciation for when I turn the tap on.

Here are some photos from my trip:


On an aside, I loved these power boxes - during my water mapping journey I've wondered whether day-to-day infrastructure should be designed or displayed differently to make it more attractive or interesting - and here it's been done - gorgeous or an eyesore?  Gorgeous.


Now off to finish my map.

No comments:

Post a Comment